Blog Archive

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pilot Frixion

*****I AM HAVING TROUBLE INSERTING PICTURES SO WILL POST WITHOUT PICTURES FOR NOW****

Today I will be looking at the Frixion line from Pilot (for those of you who do not know this is Pilot's erasable line)! Pilot is one of my favorite companies and I think this line is a success! I currently own The
Pilot FriXion Ball US Erasable Gel Ink Pen in black and blue and the Pilot FriXion Colors Erasable Marker - Black. I actually bought the marker completely on accident trying to get a black pen (silly me!).

I'm sure many of you have terrible memories of erasable pens (erasermate) and so may be scared to try Frixion, but their is no need for worry.

The pens write better then any of the other erasable pens, and erase with ease as well. These pens will not write as well as a conventional gel ink pen, but it can be a good trade off. Aesthetically speaking these pens are terrible, but pilot has the same pen in many designs and I am looking in getting a metal version. Also the pens are rather fat and I think the two of them take up the space of three average pens. Overall I would not get these pens for any purpose other than erasing. If you need to erase pen then this is the way to go.

The marker is great. It writes just as well as any other marker I have seen. Good tip size, nice flow, and easy to erase. The one major problem I have with this marker is the ink is grey rather then black. This might not seem like a huge problem, but I like dark inks. I can only use this marker after considering it as a grey marker. Aesthetics on the marker are much improved and it looks pretty nice. Overall great marker in every way. Grey is a problem, but it comes in many colors and I am sure the others are nicer.

How do you like the Pilot Frixion line? Do you have any memories of erasable pens? Leave your comments and opinions on this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment